Tuesday 6 May 2014

Holy Brushes!!

Let me start by saying NO I DID NOT JUST PURCHASE THESE NOW I PROMISE!!! (boyfriend...I'm talking to you!)

So now that that is taken care of on to my review ....


In the past year or a little longer I would say, I've been really getting involved with beauty products especially makeup. I've always dabbled in it and loved it but never tried to do more with it, until recently.


I've been venturing out of my comfort zone and trying new products of makeup, cleansers, beauty products, accessories and of course tools!!!


So today's review is on a brand I just recently discovered by the name of Morphe Brushes. I was on YouTube one night watching one of my beauty Guru's that I subscribe to and she had mentioned a company by the name of Morphe Brushes and how she found them very comparable to M.A.C.


I did my research (of course!) and found out that the quality of their brushes were very very good but at lower end pricing. They have so many different types too!!


From synthetic, Natural and Vegan too….!!! I read reviews and realized I wanted to try them out and see what I thought.


I bought the 18 Vegan Brush Set and it comes with a pleather case that folds and clips closed. 


I added a few other brushes that I wanted that didn't come with the set. I bought the C460 Flat Contour, C404 Small Duo Foundation, C01 Foundation Blender, C417 Chubby Shadow, SS027 Deluxe Blending Crease and the IB124 Italian Badger Kabuki.


Phewww that was a mouth full right?!! So here you'll see the full set and the extras….now while I was taking these pictures I totally forgot about the Kabuki so I don't have a picture of it.

Ok so when they arrived they smelled like really potent glue and plastic. The first thing I did was open and air it out of course! But the number one priority was to clean them.

Get this....I don't remember not even one hair coming out of any of the eye brushes and about one or two came out of one of the face brushes...Great right!!!?



After they air dried on their sides for about 2 days they were good to start using. 

Right away I noticed that the face brushes were all very soft and slightly dense not much at all. I personally would have loved for the set to come with at least one really great foundation application brush, more dense for flawless liquid foundation application, but it didn't so that's why I purchased one separately.

There is however a pointed foundation brush that came with the set that was the perfect density for all the corners of the face and under the eye application.

The eye brush...well what can I say other than GREAT! I love the quality and the feel and how they just glide around your face with the perfect softness and density all at the same time.

I swear if I didn't know any better I would have thought that there was a M.A.C 217 or a 239 that snuck it's way in the midst of these brushes as I was using them. 

Now the separate brushes that I purchased were amazing add-ons and I totally recommend them 100%. The Flat Contour brush is something that I think every makeup artist (or anyone that enjoys doing their makeup) should own. It really applies that contour colour with a straight tight edge that you want right before you blend it all in. The Chubby Shadow brush and the Deluxe Crease brush were both a NEED!! 

The Deluxe crease is just the perfect size to get right into your crease and blend out all those harsh lines and the perfect texture and feel that you would want rubbing away on your eye. Honestly I don't know what I can say about the Chubby Shadow brush but BUY IT!

The Small Duo Foundation brush makes for a great beautiful flawless airbrush feel application for your liquid foundations. It stipples just the right amount to really give you that 'No makeup' look.

The Foundation Blender is ok. I mean it's NOT a Beautyblender, but it does the job. I personally wouldn't purchase it again if I had to just because I would prefer to buy the beautyblender.

Now lastly the Italian Badger Kabuki. It absolutely STINKS when you wash it for the first time. I had to wash it 2 times with kids shampoo because I couldn't handle he nasty wet animal smell. (That's what you get for real hair I guess!!) So once you make sure it's absolutely dry completely (and believe me you'll know) then you can use it. It's soft and really smooth application. I guess buy it if you can handle the initial smell.

Overall I'm going to have to say that I give Morphe Brushes the Vegan Set plus the add-ons two thumbs up!!!

Their great affordable and very good quality synthetic that you really want in makeup brushes.

So Bombshells....what are your thoughts on the quality of your makeup brushes??

XoXo
Blonde Bombshell


Don't forget to: Like, Share, Comment, Post. Subscribe to my Blog to get updates as they come out.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for all your wonderful advice on these makeup brushes, I will def have to go and check them out.
    Your are very knowledgable and your blog is so fun to read.
    Keep them coming! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! And thank you for the support ;) I try and be as close to who I am as possible

      Delete
  2. Gonna give their powder brush a try. I'm sooo over paying $50 per brush at m.a.c.. Thx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is another brand that I'm going to be writing a review on very soon as well. Their so good and perfect for so many things. Stay tuned !!

      Delete
  3. Okay just ordered the pointed kabuki brush and makeup blender. I have been hoping to find a beauty blender type that's not $20.00. But I will let u know what I think. Do u really like the pointed kabuki what foundation type do u think it works best with. Have a blessed week.
    Josie

    ReplyDelete