Friday 9 May 2014

Orange is NOT the New Black

Ok who hasn't wanted to have a nice glowing complexion on their legs in 1 minute rather than it taking time and time again in the sun.

A while back I was going to a wedding and when I tried on my short black dress, BAM!!! I had these white gray legs that blended in with the wall ha ha ha....ya I know pathetic!

Well I was desperate for these legs to change colour so that I wouldn't look so ridiculous in this gorgeous dress. I needed something and I needed it NOW.

I headed over to Walmart and was looking in the beauty section for something that was reasonable in price and I found a product by Sally Hansen called Airbrush Legs


At the time when I was there I only found the spray bottle so I figured what the heck. When I got home right away I wanted to try this product out.

Well let me tell you something ladies, don't be hasty when applying a self tanner, or anything that will enhance the colour of your skin tone. 

I sprayed it on and rubbed it around covering my whole leg when I realized HOLY WOW MY LEG'S ORANGE!!! 

I figured ok benefit of the doubt keep on going it's bound to get better right? WRONG!

Well not only was I hasty in applying the spray and rubbing it around but I totally forgot to do three very very important things prior to applying a tanner. 

I forgot to SHOWER, EXFOLIATE and MOISTURIZE! Oh No, what did I do...My leg was splotchy with parts that were tanned orange, some that were a nice tan colour and others that just weren't anything at all!!! What was I going to do the wedding was that NIGHT!

I hopped in the shower and prayed it would come off. I scrubbed and exfoliated and scrubbed some more until my skin was soooo smooth it was actually itchy! (Ya you know what I'm talking about, right after you exfoliate your dry skin and you come out to dry off and you get that itch!)

Well needless to say I was in luck! I looked down and the colour wasn't back to normal but it was light enough that I could try and do it all over again. "This time I was going to do it right" I said

These are the steps I used...I moisturized my legs, feet and knees thoroughly until I knew that my dry skin was all gone.

I sprayed the Airbrush Legs by Sally Hansen on and rubbed it in just like I was applying a second layer of moisturizer.

Of course I did the other leg this time and I just kept on praying that I wouldn't turn into an orange by the end of all of this. 

I swear all this to look good in a dress!! How ridiculous!!!

Needless to say that I was able to wait until it dried and looked at myself in the mirror with my dress on and their they were, the most gorgeous coloured legs I'd seen since....well probably the last vacation I'd been on when I was able to bake in the sun...Ahhh those were the days.

Now thankfully the product does wash off so I didn't have these Ronald McDonald hands with the rest of my body my regular colour (white!) ha ha ha

So what do I think about this Sally Hansen Airbrush Leg??!! 

I'll give it an average Thumps Up! Nothing super special but works pretty good.

I mean for something that is not going to stay on for longer than one shower, and at about $12.00 how do you go wrong?

Ok Bombshells I know you like having that glowing skin that just makes you look healthy and happy. So why not try it?

What do you think about self tanners? 

Don't forget to Like, Share, Post, Comment and Subscribe to my blog!

XoXo
Blonde Bombshell


2 comments:

  1. I am surprised you actually like this product, I tried this product a few years ago when they only had the mate variety and it was so so, not something I would buy again. Based on your recommendation, I bought a bottle this weekend but the shimmer one since they no longer sell the mate variety. From my past experience I only but on a little not to turn into a pumpkin. Not only did it turn out orange, but the contract with the rest of my body looked atrocious. This is not a product for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no that's horrible! Did you exfoliate and everything? I did find that it does get streaky and not that easy to work with if you don't work fast enough.
      I'm going to give it another try and see what happens. Maybe you're right or it could be that the chemistry between you and the product don't mesh well together.
      There has to be a product out there for you! I'll keep looking for the next self tanner that may suit you better..

      Delete