Thursday 3 July 2014

2014 Spring and Summer Trends

It seems to me that trends are always the baseline of all things when you're talking about fashion or style.

There always seems to be parts of trends that I for one have never been a huge fan of but for the most part I do tend to be a camilleon when it comes to what suites my style and what doesn't.


This year there is a HUGE trend with patterns. All kinds of patterns; flowers, shapes, animal you name it.. I personally am totally for all the animal print I'm a big fan. 


Flowers, though not my thing, I am trying to be more open to it but it's just so hard to change my opinion of them.


The pleather short is a really hot ticket item this summer and wow is it ever flattering. I for one don't normally wear shorts but I would totally rock this style if I did.

Crop tops! I love them and really wish I could wear them, but being a mom I think that some things are a little risqué. I think that if you put a long shirt underneath you can totally wear that top.
Eventually if you want to show off your after baby body then you can just remove that long shirt and wear that crop top as it's meant to.

There are so many more fashion trends this year alone for woman that would take me to long to list and talk about. So instead i'll just give you a quick little run down of some;

Coral, tangelo, blush, bubble gum, emerald, pine, deep sky, turquoise, canary, these are just some of the colours this season
Floor skimming skirts
Floral Prints
White (which is the must have colour)
Sexy slips
Flounced Skirts
Heavy Metalics
Crop top
Perforated Fabrics
Palazzo Pants 

There are so many other trends for the season that I just can't get into, but I'm sure that these trends are great for the younger girls.

The Colour trends aren't only for clothing either, their for nails and makeup too!!

However I must say the one trend that's been around a while that is both an amazing accessory and also a great touch to any outfit is the Fedora.
I personally am very found of it. Reminds me of growing up as a little girl watching my dad figure out which one works with the suit that he was wearing at the time.

Now Men's fashion... I'm am not understanding why we went all the way back to 'White Man Can't Jump' days of the 90's.

I mean there are a few nice trends like the wayfarer glasses which are a personal favourite of mine. I think that they are flattering for both men and woman, their trendy and stylish at the same time.

Another favourite of mine blazers. It seems that blazers are being paired with everything this season and I for one am loving it.

The rest of the seasons trends are:

The fleece short with draw strings
Tank tops with characters on them 
Print short sleeve collard shirts
Tropical print cotton shirt (Hawaiian style...aloha)
Geeky 90's era
High top runners
Boat shoes
Canvas sneakers
Fanny packs
Denim shorts

Last but very not least of the trend is the patterned MC Hammer pants.

Sorry If I seem to be somewhat of a non trend setter, but to me I am partial to the very classic man's European style.

I think a man in a nice suit, or a pair of great jeans paired with a nice sweater are much more effective when it comes to looks than that very out there style that is hot this season.

What are your thoughts about this seasons trends? 

Don't forget to Subscribe, Like, Share and Post my Blog. 

You can also hear more from me on Twitter @MMABombshell  
and subscribe to my Instagram @Make_Me_A_Bombshell

XoXo
Blonde Bombshell



No comments:

Post a Comment